You Can Break Free From Your Past
View Pastor Cynthia Corder's Testimony of Overcoming!
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world! - John 16:33
Overcomers is a Christ-centered recovery program that offers a safe place to deal with our hurts, habits, and hang-ups
through the 12 Steps recovery principles. Overcomers isn't just a place for "Those People"; whether you are dealing with
addiction, codependency, dysfunctional family situations, compulsive behaviors, grief, or just plain sin, Overcomers is the
place for you! We are teaching that anyone can become winners, set free with a brand new lifestyle!
Meetings are open to anyone. The meetings combine the dynamics of large group worship, powerful teaching, and
testimonies of victory, biblical fellowship, mentoring, and personal discipleship to build a solid foundation for a victorious life
in Christ! The Overcomers group walks each participant through the 12-Steps by utilizing an interactive bible study text book
and personal teaching. By working and applying these Steps to our life, we begin to grow spiritually and experience
freedom from addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. God tells us to "work out our salvation" (Philippians 2:12)
and the 12 steps are the path we use.
- We admitted we were powerless over our problems–that our lives had become unmanageable.
- We came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- We made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God.
- We made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- We admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- We humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- We made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- We made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- We continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Tuesday Evening Schedule
6:45PM - Doors Open/Childcare Sign In
(Birth to 6th grade. No registration required. No cost and we even feed them dinner!)
7:00PM - Contemporary Praise and Worship
7:30PM - Testimonies/Step Study Teaching
8:30PM - Dinner and Fellowship (no cost)
Dinner and childcare are provided at no extra cost, however we give everyone an opportunity to financially sow into the ministry by way of tithes and offering.
The Overcomers Program has a long established history of success through weekly meetings and the 90-day recovery
workbook A Daily Choice, Overcoming Life-controlling Problems. The daily lessons are personal and there is no specific
evaluation of your written work. You are asked to faithfully attend weekly meetings and complete one easy to understand
lesson each day for 90 days. Meetings are open to adults who desire spiritual and emotional support while overcoming
addictions, compulsive behaviors or codependency. Our support groups maintain a positive atmosphere of acceptance,
practicality and encouragement. Observing the principle of confidentiality creates a safe environment for discussing
difficult issues or disclosing painful emotional wounds. Your participation in weekly support meetings and completion of the
daily lessons will provide direction for your successful future. Books are available at the Tuesday evening meetings or in the
DFW New Beginnings bookstore for $16.00. For the participants who are not able to purchase a book, Overcomers will donate one to you free of charge after you attend four meetings in a row.
For more information call Overcomers Pastor Cynthia Corder at 972.313.7133 Ext. 45
What To Expect
Expect a miracle. If you are ready for a life-change and you are ready to be honest, open and willing with God and the
group; expect a miracle. You will be surrounded by others who are in the process of receiving the miracles in their life and
are living the blessing. Is it always easy? No, but the pain often comes from our resistance to the work; this is where the
willingness comes in…are you willing?
Overcomers does not bind you to a program or a set of rules. We simply teach the bible and the blood of Jesus that has
set the captive free. We believe if the Son makes you free then you are free indeed (John 8:36)! Don't let what has
happened to you hold you back in life! You can find freedom from depression, anger, abuse, insecurity and addiction in
Jesus Christ! Get ready to live the life of blessing that was paid for you in full on the cross!
Come experience the miracle!